Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake from Punta Arenas on Ocean Adventurer
Take the fast track to that vast, frost-bitten wilderness at the South Pole. From Punta Arenas, fly over the infamously choppy waters of the Drake Passage to King George Island, and hop aboard a ship bound for the frozen wonderland. Cruise between towering icebergs floating in iridescent blue seas, and feel the thrill of catching the first glimpses of Antarctica's icy shoreline. Over the next four days, explore this continent ...
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favorite among guests and crew who've appreciated the charm and intimacy of this 128-passenger vessel, its ample outdoor deck space, numerous cozy spots to socialize onboard - and the outdoor jacuzzi. A few years ago, Ocean Adventurer underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation involving a talented team of marine architects, engineers, interior designers and polar expedition specialists. Quark Expeditions is proud of the enhancements to the much-loved polar vessel - which subsequently won the Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Overall Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under).
The refurbishments now enjoyed by guests:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites
- All existing cabins furnished with new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms
- Remodelling of common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room
- Major technical enhancements, such as two new Rolls Royce engines, which increase fuel efficiency and minimize carbon footprint.
Our leaders are born and raised in-country, and ...